The Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science
(JASHS) publishes papers on the results of original research
on horticultural plants and their products or directly related research
areas. Its prime function is to communicate
mission-oriented, fundamental research to other researchers.
All submitted papers are peer-reviewed prior to publication.
Subjects appropriate for submission to JASHS include:
- Genetics and breeding
- Molecular biology-biotechnology
- Seed physiology
- Soil-plant-water relationships
- Photosynthesis; source-sink physiology
- Developmental physiology
- Environmental stress physiology
- Postharvest biology
Publishing Fees for Papers in JASHS:
- At least one author is an ASHS member: $100 per printed page.
- Authors who are ASHS members must indicate membership in the
appropriate field on the "General Information" page when
- Authors who are non-ASHS members: $190 per printed page.
- There are additional fees for publishing figures in color.
- Authors making more than five (5) corrections on their page proofs will be billed at $10 per correction.
- Papers can be made open access immediately for an additional charge of $600.
- To submit papers for peer review and publication in JASHS, click on the following address:
- If you have previously submitted a paper to JASHS, you will be
required to log in with your log in name and password. (Forgot
your password? Use the "Unknown/Forgotton Password?
link at the bottom of the log in page.)
- First-time users of the online submission system must
register for an account. Instructions on how to register for
an account are accessed at the bottom of the log in page.
ASHS Publications Style Manual
Useful information for authors submitting papers to any of the three ASHS Journals:
- Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science
Which journal should I submit my paper to?
The diagram below demonstrates the differences among the three ASHS journals, showing the mission and intended audience for the Journal (JASHS), HortScience, and HortTechnology.
For additional information, contact:
Authors: You may order reprints of your published article in JASHS.