Winning the Organics Game: The Compost Marketer's Handbook
[R]ecommended for anyone having a practical interest in the production and utilization of compost.
book is the the first written to assist green industry professionals in
marketing organics and compost-related products and services. It is a
one-of-a-kind publication that is a must for anyone interested in
learning more about the rapidly expanding—and profitable—organics
market. It features:
- The Compost Factory Paradigm
- Sports Turf Markets for Compost
- Popular Uses for Compost in Nurseries
- Emerging Specialty Markets for Compost
- The Use of Training as a Way to Counter Competition
- Retail Markets . . . the Highest Value for Compost?
- Landscapers . . . the Leading Market for Compost
- Marketing Compost Through Topsoil Blenders
- Agricultural Markets for Compost
- The Economic Angle of the Compost Business
- An Overview of the Green Industry Markets
- Silviculture, Roadside and Reclamation Markets for Compost
- The TEMPS Plan for Marketing Compost
- Sales Management for Compost Marketers
Author Rodney W. Tyler
is a certified professional agronomist and has more than 40 years of
experience in the horticultural, composting, and agronomic fields. He
has been involved in compost quality control, research, marketing, and
product development and has created markets for various organic
products. In addition to authoring more than 30 industry articles
relating to the making and marketing of compost and other education
issues, he has led numerous seminars on composting issues.
. . . the first book to address the issue of compost marketing . . .
any producer with an eye to marketing would do well to read this book." —Composting News, UK
" . . .every practicing (horticulture and landscape) professional should have a copy in their library."—Lawn & Landscape