Certified Horticulturist Examination Study Guide
This product is out of stock
The ASHS Certified Horticulturist Examination is based on 35 terminal
objectives arranged into seven general subject matter groups:
Each of the seven chapters in this Study Guide has between three
and seven sections and each section corresponds to one of the 35
terminal objectives, a task, or a set of tasks in which a Certified
Horticulturist should be proficient.
- Landscape Design and Maintenance (14.5%, approx 29 questions)
- Production of Fruits, Vegetables, Turf, and Ornamental Plants (19.5%, approx 39 questions)
- Shipping and Handling of Final Product (8.5%, approx. 17 questions)
- Propagation (9%, approx. 18 questions)
- Monitoring and Testing (10%, approx. 20 questions)
- Diagnosing and Managing Plant Problems (25%, approx. 50 questions)
- Business Practices (13.5%, approx. 27 questions)
Two appendices list each examination domain and a detailed rendering of
the specific content areas within each domain, and also a brief
glossary, which defines technical terms used in the text.
The information contained in the Study Guide is general in nature, and intended to serve as a primer. It is not intended to be the only program of study to obtain the ASHS Certified Horticulturist credential. References
for specific areas in horticulture are given in this guide for the
convenience of people who wish to review in more detail information that
may be contained in the seven examination domains.
Any recommendations contained in this Study Guide should be practiced
only after thorough analysis of the particular situation and should be
practiced only by those who are properly trained, educated, and
experienced in the field of horticulture. ASHS is responsible only for
the educational content of this Study Guide and is not responsible for
the use or misuse of these ideas in specific situations or by
inexperienced or improperly trained individuals.